Global Markets Sales Manager
Role based in Mauritius
About Our Client
Our Client is a major Financial Services group with worldwide banking capabilities.
The Bank in Mauritius leverages on the seamless synergy which exists in the group to connect its customers in, for and across Africa and aims to be the leading corporate and investment banking business across Africa, with deep specialisation in natural resources.
They service large domestic corporates, multinationals, management companies, governments, parastatals and financial institutions and offers a comprehensive range of products and services via its Investment Banking, Global Markets and Transactional Products & Services offerings.
- Develop and the Bank's Global Markets' sales strategy by growing and servicing clients while ensuring that it is in line with and supports the bank's strategy.
- Ensure that the processes, structures, systems and resources required to effectively service existing clients and develop new clients are in place and continuously reviewed.
- Build client relationships with the objective of seeking new GM business from existing clients.
- Identify clients' needs and facilitate suitable GM products to service their requirements in the most beneficial manner possible.
- Co-ordination and facilitation of structured products roll-out to in-country clients on a one-on-one as well as corporate basis, in alliance with the centre of excellence for such products within the Group.
- Maximising profitability on income/revenue derived from GM products.
- Provide a level of service which is of high quality, and consistent with the standard of service delivered by other Group treasuries in South Africa and globally.
- Formulate and continuously review a strategy to pursue clients with GM business opportunities.
- Maintain close contact with all internal stakeholders and leverage off their deals that might have Global Markets opportunities.
- Identify new customer GM needs and facilitate suitable GM products to service their requirements in the most beneficial manner possible.
- Build client relationships with the objective of seeking new Global Markets business.
- Establish, grow and maintain a broad network of strategic stakeholders both internal and external to the Group in order to ensure that the correct communication and decision making channels are open and available.
- Support Client Coverage in developing relationships with clients to ensure that the strategy and business objectives of the client and the bank are achieved.
- Build credibility across all levels within and external to the Bank via the skillful application of specialist knowledge and relationship building skills.
- Continually drive and role model a superior client orientated culture within the Group that aims to exceed client expectations.
- Ensure that supportive, open relationships exist between Relationship managers, relevant stakeholders and service providers within the Group.
- Gain leads and access to strategically influential stakeholders in large corporate, commercial and government organisations in order to introduce them to the benefits of dealing through the Group.
- Thorough understanding of the strategic business drivers, opportunities, challenges, needs, competition and threats inherent in the environments/business sectors within which clients operate.
- Insight into local and international trends, developments and benchmarks within the financial sector, banking and specifically Treasury products.
- Good understanding of both traditional and non-traditional competitors, their drivers, products, strengths, vulnerabilities, market share/client base and the impact that these factors have on the bank's value proposition to the client base.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum First Degree in Business Commerce or equivalent
- At least 3 years' experience in marketing foreign exchange/money market products and services.
- An excellent working knowledge of foreign exchange and money markets, and an understanding of other Treasury products.
- Knowledge of the financial markets for financial instruments such as futures contracts or options.
- Experience in high-level relationship building and maintenance.
- Bilingual French-English
What's on Offer
A great opportunity to join a leading financial services group and be part of a dynamic team.