- African & Intl expertise in financial services, epayment/emoney, digital banking
- Experience with NY and/or London EU listed multinationals
À propos de notre client
Our client is an international start-up & key player of the Tech industry in Africa. As part of the set-up of its Group Legal & Compliance department, we are looking for a Group Head of Legal with a focus on Africa looking after financial services activities to be based where our client has subsidiaries (Africa, Dubai, NYC).
Description du poste
Based where the Group has its activities, you report to the Group General Counsel and play a leading role in building and advising the Group Legal function when it comes to the financial services arm of the company.
In line with this role, you will be expected to fulfill the following assignments :
- Working directly with the Group General Counsel and its senior leadership to shape and manage a legal strategy and risk management program for financial services business line,
- Providing expert legal knowledge on financial payments and fintech regulation across multiple African jurisdictions and relevant international markets,
- Managing and building a team of financial services lawyers across the globe and managing a network of external advisers as necessary,
- Overseeing regulatory applications and relationships with financial regulators (London/EU, NY) including responses to examinations and other inquiries, and working closely with Group Compliance team on key regulatory engagements,
- Translating knowledge of the global financial and payments ecosystem into the Group environment and thus working closely with Commercial, Finance, Technical and Compliance teams,
- Drafting and negotiating group commercial contracts for payments, banking and mobile money services,
- Designing and implementing legal policies and procedures across the Group,
- Engaging in other aspects of the legal function and special projects as topics arise.
You have a degree in law together with a minimum of ten years' experience gained at a leading law firm and in-house with leading multinational financial services institutions and/or companies of the fintech or telco industries. Knowledge of the regulatory environment in Africa as it impacts payments, digital services and e-commerce is mandatory for this role. Trouble shooter, you have a strong drive, entrepreneur and planning skills together with high agility and wish to bring your financial services legal expertise to succeed in a setting-up, fast-paced and fascinating start-up environment.