- Deep mecanical & technical knowledge of wood industry is mandatory
- Home office based job with extensive travelling in Africa, Europe & US
About Our Client
Our client is a global player of the wood industry. As part of its African growth strategy, we are recruiting their Group technical expert to be home office based in Africa, Europe or the US depending on his/her current location.
Home-office based with extensive travelling in Africa, Europe and the US, you report to the board and act as the Group's technical referent when it comes to technical expertise and investments' projects' lead.
In line with this role, you will be expected to fulfill the following assignments:
- Acting as engineering leader and technical expert for the Group,
- Taking the lead in all technical and engineering aspects of industrial investment projects,
- Resolving issues and providing solutions related to technical aspects of the production and industry product flow,
- Being responsible and providing technical support and assistance for project planning, implementation and realisation,
- Being responsible for providing engineering tasks associated with wood products equipment design, planning and installation,
- Planning and managing all aspects of engineering project work for wood products equipment from creating equipment scope through detail engineering tasks and creating bills of materials to planning, installation, start-up, and evaluation of equipment,
- Working closely with operational and commercial managers and group board members to develop concepts for plant upgrades and provide necessary and detailed return-on-investment calculations,
- As part of the Project Management team, being responsible for the technical and engineering aspects of installation and start-up of new production machinery,
- Working closely with vendors and outside contractors that supply equipment, parts and/or labor towards Group industrial projects,
- Maintaining a department schedule and track/maintain project costs,
- Estimating costs for future and/or potential projects for budget and feasibility purposes including return on investment potential,
- Offering support to the maintenance and engineering departments of the Group's facilities on technical issues pertaining to machinery, infrastructure, energy, and cost saving concerns, environmental, and safety related issues,
- Supporting the Production and Quality Assurance Departments with data collection, interpretation, and responses to product production and quality related concerns.
The Successful Applicant
You are degree educated in mechanical engineering with proven international experience at technical engineering C-level roles in the wood industry which is mandatory for this function. In addition to your deep knowledge of wood technology and manufacturing processes together with knowledge of CAD software, you have great communication skills and driven enough to work independently on a regular basis but also able to work cross-functionally at all global levels of a company. Finally, you speak fluently French and English and are ready to travel up to 70% of your time around the globe.
What's on Offer