Sign up to receive job alerts
Head of BBBEE Transformation
Lead Role within Transformation
About Our Client
Our client is a global multinational with manufacturing facilities on every continent and a strong presence in major countries.
The Head of BBBEE and Transformation will be responsible for the following
- Subject matter expert in BBBEE Transformation
- Leads and enables South & Southern Africa Team to create solutions that unlock the four BBBEE levels and 7 pillars of the BBBEE framework:
o Level 1: Social economic development
o Level 2: Skills development, learnerships,
o Level 3: supplier development, empowerment suppliers
o Level 4: ownership and management control of employment equity
- Conduct the duties of the S24 Manager (Employment equity) within the Key Performance Areas
- Consult with Employees via Employee Equity Committee
- Conduct an analysis as required by S19 of the Act
- Prepare and employment equity plan as required by S20 of the Act
- Report to the Department of Labour
- Deliver the outcomes outlined in the KPA document
Budget & Financial management
1. Prepare and present departmental budget/financial controls, thereby contributing to department budget imperatives being achieved.
2. Maintain the departmental focus on cost-saving practice
Advise / Recommend Business Solutions
1.Set Organisational and BU Targets including Employment Equity, Skills Development and Enterprise and Supplier Development.
2.Manage flagship transformation projects and coordinate others, managing risks and opportunities associated with transformation change and business process re engineering, taking all steps to mitigate/exploit these to ensure that the transformation programme is successfully delivered. Examples of flagship transformation project include the Graduate program.
3.Ensure that the group scorecard is reported in terms of the relevant standards and codes of good practice.
4.Ensure that Transformation practices, standards, procedures and methods are reviewed, updated and applied.
5.Deal with Transformation queries from the Business units/Divisions.
6.Drive excellence in project execution towards enhancing the companies corporate reputation
Stakeholder Relationship Building, Networking and Management
1.Build and manage strategic partnerships both locally and internationally as a means to position the business as a leader in Social & Enterprise Development in South Africa
2.Oversee a framework for Sustainability, CSI & ED roll out in Southern Africa
3.Identify, develop and maintain relationships with key strategic partners according to the Transformation strategy
4.Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on relevant issues supporting the transformation strategy
5.Participate in relevant forums both internally (BEE Committee, Employment Equity Committee, etc.) and externally
6.Network with relevant government department, NGO's, Associations and business partners on the Transformation strategy and share learnings.
7.Support to the chains through enabling policy and process consistency.
1.Compliance to legislation and B-BBEE codes - compiling the BEE tracking scorecard.
2.Compiling and reviewing the B-BBEE submission to the verification agency and project managing the verification process
3.Communicate, co-ordinate and monitor progress and activities in preferential procurement
4.Support, monitor and improve the B-BBEE compliance of all divisions as required.
5.Enforce the compliance effectiveness of the business units and pillar champions Environmental Awareness and Insights
The Successful Applicant
The successful incumbent must possess the following skills/experience and qualification
- A Post graduate qualification - preferably a BCom or a development qualification.
- At least 5-7 years' experience in Transformation and working within a commercial organization.
- General office admin, business telephone use and computer usage experience is a prerequisite.
- Be fluent in underlying legislation particularly the Revised B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice (2013), the BEE Act, Employment Equity Act, Skills Development Act and other supporting legislation.
- BEE Consulting or BEE audit experience is an advantage.
- Exposure to the project management industry is an advantage\
- Five years to seven years working experience with ideally a minimum of three years' experience in a similar role
- High level of numeracy enabling the interpretation the B-BBEE scores and what they mean
- Financial understanding for the purposes of understanding the B-BBEE scorecard.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What's on Offer
Market related based on experience and skills