Sign up to receive job alerts
Head of DevOps
My client is one of the largest financial services companies in South Africa.
Head of DevOps - Cape Town
About Our Client
My client is a JSE-listed provider of insurance, financial planning, retirement, investment, and wealth management products to personal, business, and institutional customers in South Africa and internationally.
Based in Cape Town and reporting into the cluster Chief Information Officer, the Head of DevOps will lead the design, build, and operational management of highly secure and scalable sites/software for the business and works tirelessly to guarantee the reduction or removal of bottlenecks and inefficiencies in the DevOps department and engineering department as a whole.
- Work with the developers to write code for the trading platforms
- Creates tools and automated workflow capabilities in order to enable the business's software engineering teams to test and promote code across the engineering department.
- The Head of DevOps also builds, configures, and maintains the frameworks, tools, and systems that enable optimal performance of the business's sites/software. Additionally leads the design and implementation of real-time monitoring systems of these sites/software.
- Improve the stack of tools and systems for managing, monitoring and configuring the infrastructure.
- Improving systems admin practices and tooling for systems and operations.
- Setting up and improving CI/CD processes
- Developing new features and enhancing any existing features while ensuring all software is coded according to outlined specifications and standards
- Back-end development using latest Java Frameworks
- Work with the Architecture team to provide a migration road map to the Cloud if necessary
The Successful Applicant
- BSc/BCom Degree ideally Computer Science / Information Systems
- Or Equivalent of Bachelor's degree or higher
- Programming experience in an object orientated language, ideally Java
- Comfortable with Technology Infrastructure - Hardware and Operating systems, primarily windows based.
- Practical exposure and experience of using ITIL, Agile, and SAFe Principles
- Technical knowledge (Server, Database, Networking, Application)
- Knowledge of any of DevOps tools (Jenkins, CHEF, Control-M, Junit, Selenium, etc)
- A bit of Dev knowledge (Ability to understand the logic flow of programming through reading Java, C#, T-SQL or XSLT content.
What's on Offer
R1,200,000 CTC per annum to R1,500,000 CTC per annum excl. bonuses