Sign up to receive job alerts
Head: Group Datacentre Operations
My client is a JSE-listed financial services provider.
Group Head of Data Centre infrastructure services for shared services.
About Our Client
My client is a JSE-listed provider of insurance, financial planning, retirement, investment, and wealth management products to personal, business, and institutional customers in South Africa and internationally.
Based in either Cape Town or Johannesburg, and reporting into the Group Chief Information Officer (CIO), the Head: Group Datacentre Operations will provide a cost effective, efficient, stable and secure shared Datacentre and Enterprise Services for businesses in the organization, across the geographies of a global organisation as per agreed services levels. The Head: Group Datacentre Operations will also have the following responsibilities:
- Accountable for the provision of cost effective,efficient, stable and secure enterprise technology shared services for all participating businesses in the Group, across the geographics of a global organisation as per agreed service levels. The scope includes physical data centres, computer equipment rooms (CER's), hosting platforms (Mainframe, Distributed Servers, Storage Area Networkds, Backups,Disaster Recovery, iSeries, Unix (AIX, Sun and LINUX), DBA services including Microsoft SQL and NonSQL and bulk printing.
- Build competence of scripting and automation within Datacentre and Enterprise unit to enable future efficiencies.
Enable and Integrate Infrastructure (on-premise and cloud based) to development environment practicesfor improved DevOps experience.
Ensure proper integration of security practices and toolsets into the Datacentre and Enterprise environment for proper security protection (patching, vulnerability, authentication, event, intrusion protection, etc.) for on premise and cloud protection.
- Development of Software Defined Data Centre concepts for automation, hyper-convergence, self service capabilities, hybrid IT uding AWS and Azure as Cloud providers.
- Core Saas and Paas platform strategy development and large scale workload deployment.
- Data Driven Lean and Agile solutions delivery for new business requirements.
- Datacentre Design, Datacentre Clusters, Pop-scale deployments for Africa Operations and related technology risks on behalf of the business.
- The ability to provide just in time services (M&E, Structured Cabling) above a default level fro pods,hardware cabinets and storage arrays in a risk averse manner.
- Ability to refine and develop processes to optimize operation excellence.
- Customisation of solutions for diverse business requirements.
- Instill a culture of automation in all provisioning and lifecycle tasks for on premise and cloud provisioned services across all teams.
- Support the development of future roadmaps for datacentre core technologies.
- Development of Policies, Standards, Procedures and Guidelines for responsible areas.
- Strategic Vendor Management.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor in Comp Sci, Informatics, Bachelor of Commerce Information Systems NQF Level 7 qualification/alternatively an appropriate IT Qualification.
- Al least 10+ years relevant work experience.
- Extensive technical, operations, risk and business management experience in complex technology environments (at least 10 years of which 5 years is in a senior management role)
- Technology trends and direction
- Business climate and technology needs in the global enterprise servicing multiple client requirements
- Manage Outsourced Vendor relationships
- In depth experience in the IT environment across the areas of responsibility
- Dealing with global customers and suppliers
- Negotiation across the geographies and cultures of a global organisation
- Extensive experience in managing shared services for a large multinational enterprise
What's on Offer
R1,500,000 CTC per annum to R1,700,000 CTC per annum excl. LTI's and STI's