Sign up to receive job alerts
Head of Human Resources (M/F) - Egypt - Shipping services
Proven experience in Labour/Employee relationships is mandatory for the role
Professionnal experience required in Egypt at a similar position
About Our Client
Our client is a global player in shipping services. As part of its North African growth strategy, we are recruiting his Head of HR and Employee relations in Egypt.
Based in Cairo with extensive travelling in the country, you report to the Country Managing Director and play a key role in HR strategic direction aligned with the overall business plan and strategy of the company in Egypt.
In line with this role, you will be expected to fulfill the following assignments :
- Acting as the architect of organisational capability focusing on ensuring the values, culture and business-operating practices are aligned with people practices,
- Being responsible for setting and delivering HR objectives which are aligned to the regional and global objectives,
- Advising the Managing Director and other members of management on issues relating to employee relations, labour relations, dispute resolution, collective bargaining, labour policy and other areas of responsibility,
- As the Head of Employee Relations, advising and interpreting the company policy pertaining to labour law, collective bargaining, workplace councils, and Unions,
- Providing strategic direction for the employee relations component of the overall management of the company,
- Defining and driving People Strategy through coaching and facilitating the business and its employees through effective change management practices to ensure broad-based organisational change initiatives are successfully adopted and executed,
- Managing Resourcing Process though direction of processes and organisational planning and supporting talent acquisition activities,
- Facilitating People Development & Performance through partnering with business,
- Managing Compensation and Benefits through the direction of its process and methodology,
- Enabling and strengthening Employee Climate in terms of effective communication, culture initiatives and management of worker groups,
- Driving Labour Relations through appropriate employee relations strategy, researches on labour relations issues and disputes and relationship management with external labour providers.
The Successful Applicant
You are degree educated with a minimum of ten years' experience in a similar role with international companies of the industry or shipping services sectors. Being familiar with Egyptian labour and employment law and practices is compulsory for this position as well as extensive and successful track record in Labour relationships management. Hands-on individual with a collaborative mind, a strong leadership and outstanding communication skills, you are able to work effectively with all levels of an organisation. You are fluent in English and in Arabic.
What's on Offer
Attractive local package