Sign up to receive job alerts
Head: Small & Medium Enterprises
My client is one of the largest financial services companies in South Africa.
Head of Small & Medium Enterprises with extensive experience.
About Our Client
My client is a financial services firm which provides personal, commercial, corporate and merchant banking, fund management and related financial services throughout South Africa.
Based in Sandton, Johannesburg, and reporting into the Chief Strategy Officer, the Head of Small & Medium Enterprises will be responsible for the banks' in country SME propositions and the development and implementation of the business strategy for the Small Business segment. The Head: Small & Medium Enterprises will also have the following responsibilities:
- Use data driven analysis and business experience to develop innovative and efficient solutions to meet customer needs
- Ensure that customers are aware of the possibilities and the value in using the Banks Small Business products and services.
- Analyse competitive environment and business performance to recognize opportunities and threats.
- Contributing to the product development strategy, including design of a roadmap for the evolution of banking products to distinguish the Bank's Small Business proposition from its competitors.
- Developing and managing the Small Business proposition pricing strategy to optimize value.
- Responsibility for the development of businesses cases for investment as the Small Business segment grows.
- Identify potential risks or challenges that could affect the delivery of Small business propositions.
- Product Lifecycle management and as such, joint responsibility for revenue (with sales) and profitability (with sales, operations and technology) of the bundles of products utilized by customers in the Small Business segment
- Work in partnership with Marketing and Analytics teams to leverage analytics, trends and customer insights to design and manage the portfolios and optimize sales and distribution through our digital channels and partners
The Successful Applicant
- The ideal candidate must understand the industry (SME, current market structures, regulatory requirements and issues).
- Experience in SME segment strategy development and product development.
- Proven ability to drive execution across the value chain across multi-functional teams
- Strong analytical and organizational skills (financial, planning, operational).
- Experience in operations management with a strong focus on business process management and system development would be an advantage.
- Experience of working as part of a senior management team and leading organizational strategy.
- A passion for the customer experience and an understanding of customer behaviour.
- A deep understanding of digital and the benefits technology can bring to customer's daily lives
- Experience in distributing and servicing products through independent channels
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment and to lead collaboratively through change
- BSc, BCom and/or MBA.
- Professional Product Development or Project Management Qualification
- At least 8 years' experience in SME Sector, 5 Years of which must have been in a Senior position.
- Inspiring others and setting the tone for an inclusive and high-performance virtual team.
- Motivating and challenging team members to meet and exceed performance standards through continuous improvement and driving results.
- Role modelling the Banks vision and values.
- Strong people leadership capability, with the ability to influence and persuade people
What's on Offer
R1,500,000+ CTC per annum excl. bonuses