Sign up to receive job alerts
Head of Technical
Previously worked in a theme/ amusement park
Provide technical solutions and ideas to comply with standards and good Health &
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading theme park in the region and it has been repeatedly been described as the leading attraction in Mauritius. Along with a great scenic view, the park stands out for its diversity of leisure activities.
The Head of Technical will have the following responsibilities:
- Continually liaise with manufacturers and vendors to ensure that all the equipment's are fully operational and in good condition, assess installation of attractions and IT systems.
- Conduct effective planning and preventive maintenance, annual testing and ensure that other technical programs are thoroughly carried out.
- Lead the project technical team in assessing and mitigating technical and schedule risks.
- Manage the technical reporting system to ensure that the reports generated are timely, accurate and with integrity in order to optimise efficiency and revenue generation.
- Participate in the recruitment, training and induction programs of the technical service team ensuring all members of staff are competently trained in accordance with the company's requirements.
- Manage the budget and expenses to maximise operational effectiveness and minimise cost.
- Drive safety improvements across the organisation.
- Monitor compliance with regulations and internal standards; developing new safety technologies; and ensuring that safety protocols reflect the park's best practices and cutting-edge ideas.
- Understanding and actively participating in the Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established policy and procedure.
- Perform any other cognate duties as assigned by Management.
The Successful Applicant
The Head of Technical role will be based in Mauritius and will require the following attributes:
- Hold a bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Master's degree and relative certifications is a plus.
- High-level knowledge on mechanical, electrical, audio, visual, light, hydraulics and pneumatic systems.
- Excellent knowledge on vendor management and in-field installation.
- Thorough understanding on environmental, Health and Safety standards.
- Ability to develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate program goals and initiatives.
- Ability comply to safety and high level of quality output to exceed guest's expectations.
- Highly analytic and critical thinker.
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for an exciting challenge and ready for a transformation journey in Mauritius with the ability to implement change and strategy. Our Client is offering an attractive remuneration structure.