Sign up to receive job alerts
Global organisation in the Banking sector, based in Sandton Johannesburg
Banking experience is essential
About Our Client
My client is among one of the top 5 leading commercial banks in Asia, with an extensive network of over 3,000 branches covering over 80 major cities.
As the HR Specialist, you will report into the Head of General Administration and be responsible for the establishment of the HR Function within the organisation. This will include setting up practises in HR, and managing all day to day activities for the Johannesburg hub.
Main Duties & Responsibility:
- Establishing Policy, Procedure, Work flow and other documents of HR for the Branch.
- Managing the integration process of new hires according to the needs of Branch, including posting advertisements on websites, contacting with recruiting agencies, collecting and transferring CVs, arranging interviews, drafting contracts, etc.
- Managing entry procedure of new employees. (Collect documents, register information, etc.) Manage employee's absence, working hours, and leave.
- Establishing annual training needs analysis. Capture training requirements. Book training courses, register training activity in system, and collect feedback of external training programs.
- Managing employee's internal & external training
- Managing and coordinating internal training activities. Organise facilities such as training rooms, attendance lists, materials and course packs for induction sessions. Register training activities in system.
- Performance Management of employees during trial period. Recurring Appreciation of Work Management
- Manage the procedure of ending of contract of employees
The Successful Applicant
To be shortlisted for this exciting opportunity, please ensure you meet all of the below requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience in HR Generalist function
- Must have 5 years experience in Banking / Financial Services sectors
- Strong knowledge of South African Labour Laws
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Experience in starting up HR departments will be an added advantage
What's on Offer
As the HR Specialist, you will receive an amazing opportunity to join one of the world's fastest growing Banks. You will receive a market related Cost to Company.