- At least 10+ years of global experience as HR Generalist, 4 years at Managment
- Experience managing HR in multiple African Countries
About Our Client
The hiring company is an international not for profit organisation with operations in over 120 countries focused on justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
As the Human Resources Business Partner - Africa, you will be reporting to the Director of Global HR Partnerships. You will collaborate closely with the Africa Regional Director, global subject matter experts and will support and supervise the local HR Operations staff in the offices in Africa to execute HR local and global initiatives and services.
Additional responsibilities will include and not be limited to the following and/or similar activities:
- Provide support and leadership for a complete range of Human Resources activities including addressing employee relations matters, performance management, benefits and compensation, inclusion initiatives, learning and development, workforce planning, culture and transformation, organisation structure, etc.
- Provide solutions to strategic and operational HR issues and develop a trusting and consultative relationship with employees and all levels of management.
- Support and maximise employee engagement during any aspects of transition and change.
- Equip stakeholders with appropriate tools, knowledge and expertise to effectively manage self and teams through change.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of program and department strategies and build relationships to improve overall capacity to manage HR within programs and departments.
- Consult with managers and leaders to influence and facilitate the development of their organisation priorities and support them to lead and manage people in a complex and changing global work environment.
- Lead and supervise a small team of HR professionals across the Africa region.
- Help shape and guide the compliance of management with HR global standards, policies and procedure.
- Actively participate in the design and planning of global HR initiatives and support the implementation for Programs and Departments they support.
- Responsible for data integrity of their portfolios in the human resources information systems.
The Successful Applicant
Our minimum requirements for the Human Resources Business Partner - Africa role are:
- At least 10+ years of global experience as an HR Generalist, with at least 4+ years of team management experience.
- Experience working with at least one, preferably two or more labour laws in Africa.
- Experience with building and/or enhancing an HR generalist function in a complex and global environment.
- Experience in the not-for-profit is a plus.
- Working knowledge and expertise of multiple HR and organisational development disciplines, including organisational design, employee relations, diversity and inclusion, workforce planning and change management.
- Capacity to build trusting and collaborative relationships with HR colleagues, employees and managers at all levels, keen ability to coach and guide.
- Ability to communicate challenges and influence a variety of stakeholders effectively. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
- Demonstrable experience of working under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Ability to maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, set-backs or when dealing with provocative situations. Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterised by commitment and motivation.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-changing, fast-paced, yet consultative environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot, pick up projects mid-stream and to follow projects through to completion, and make decisions with limited information.
- Unparalleled organisational, communication, leadership and customer service skills.
- The candidate must be able to travel to support staff based across the Africa region.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered the following:
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow, from an annual professional development budget
- Top-notch benefits and perks designed for your well-being. With some variability according to location, this includes generous time off, flexible work arrangements, employer-paid health insurance, generous retirement savings plan, progressive paid parental leave, reproductive and family planning support, sabbatical opportunities, and much more.
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.