Interim Logistics Manager
Fixed Term Contract
About Our Client
CooperVision was established in 1980 and has been providing contact lenses to throughout the world for close to 40 years! The Business operates in over 100 countries around the world. Whether you wear contacts or you're an eye care provider, CooperVision has a solution for you. Most popular for its Biofinity and Proclear brands, the business has R&D Facilities in 3 locations worldwide.
The Interim Logistics Manager based in Johannesburg will responsible for the following:
- Work closely with site Manager on the warehouse move project. Point of contact for Operational planning, organization and activity for the move to achieve smooth transition with no service interruption. Including warehouse layout and design.
- Deal with planning, coordinating, administration and general management issues, which include the day-to-day supervision of staff. To manage South Africa Logistics Function so as to achieve Company objectives for Customer Service, cost, quality and operational performance in the areas of Finished Goods, storage, order picking, packing and Dispatch.
- Change Management leader for the logistics team to ensure they are fully trained and ready for the new warehouse and processes
- Work closely with the logistics company and the Country Manager on business strategy for SA Logistics. Support the Distribution Operations management team as part of the SA Management Team - develop and maintain productive working relationships with all other SA colleagues
- Coach the existing Logistics management team and develop the Logistics team for future growth.
- Review, with the Logistics Management team, the current procedures and gain alignment on any modifications that are required to drive performance efficiency
- Attainment of targeted Performance for finished goods order processing, quality, efficiency, regulatory compliance, and cost in Distribution operations
- Ensure Distribution activities remain coordinated with requirements of Sales and Customer Services in the attainment of revenue and Customer Service goals
- Contribution to development and achievement of Departmental Budgets and Forecasts - capital and operating expenditures
- Communicate on operational and strategic issues with wider Company colleagues
- Liaising with customers, suppliers and transport companies;
- Planning, coordinating and monitoring the receipt, order assembly and dispatch of goods;
- Optimisation of Logistics equipment utilization, layouts and material flows using space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently and making sure quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met;
- Having a clear understanding of the company's policies and vision and how the warehouse contributes to these;
- Coordinating the use of automated and computerized systems where necessary;
- Responding to and dealing with customer communication by email and telephone;
- Maintaining high levels of physical integrity and accuracy in finished goods inventories keeping stock control systems up to date and making sure inventories are accurate;
- Planning future capacity requirements and working with the planning team ensuring the correct stock mix.
- Recruitment, selection, training, development and active management of Logistics staff. Organizing the recruitment and training of staff, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress. Deal with Employee Relation issues, including investigations, disciplinaries and grievances.
- Provide leadership, motivation and direction to Logistics including motivating, organizing and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded;
- Provision of detailed performance reporting to senior management on both a regular and ad hoc basis producing regular reports and statistics
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment
- Overseeing the planned maintenance of equipment.
- Lead and/or contribute to operational improvement initiatives
- Lead and/or contribute to projects for the specification, selection, procurement and implementation of new equipment and software
- Work closely with logistics company to implement QMS
The Successful Applicant
Skill and expertise required by the Interim Logistics Manager for this role includes :
- Technical understanding of major distribution technologies and processes
- Experience of moving or set up of warehouse operations.
- People and team management experience including coaching and people development
- Maintain effective use of resources
- Maintain effective Time Management
- The ability to maintain Operational performance whilst meeting Customer requirements and expectations both internal and external
- Competence with all Office applications and working knowledge of at least one major ERP system and one WMS system. Oracle experience a strong preference.
- Understanding of major financial concepts including costing and ROI calculations
- Disciplinary Management and Equal Opportunities
- Negotiation and vendor management skills
What's on Offer
Market related salary based on experience. Salary will be paid over an 18 month fixed term contract.