IT Recruitment Consultant
About Our Client
Page Executive, Michael Page and Page Personnel make up the recruitment powerhouse Page Group. Page Group was established in the United Kingdom in 1976. Over the last 40+ years, we have grown to become one of the world's most successful professional recruitment organisations. Listed on the London Stock Exchange as a FTSE 250 company, we currently employ over 6,000 staff with 140 office locations in 36 countries. Our global network of employees work together to achieve our business objectives while staying true to the Page Group values - take pride, be passionate, never give up, work as a team and make it fun.
Established in 2006, Michael Page Africa has over 65 consultants across 3 offices in Johannesburg, Casablanca and Paris. Our African leadership team possesses over 130 years of recruitment experience both globally and within the African continent. Disciplines include; Finance & Accounting, Banking & Financial Services, Human Resources, Technology, Sales & Marketing, Legal, Procurement & Supply Chain, Engineering & Manufacturing and Executive Search.
2017 marks 11 years since we first opened our South African office. Over the last 11 years in Africa, we have delivered high value assignments and campaigns for some of Africa's most prestigious organisations including multinationals, corporate and retail banks and local groups. Due to continued growth and expansion, there is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join our team within the banking and financial services discipline based in Sandton, Johannesburg.
Based in Johannesburg as a specialist IT recruitment consultant, you will:
- Report into the Director of our IT business who has been in our business for 7 years
- Identify and develop client/business relationships across the South African market in a competitive environment
- Key industry sectors that you will work in will be financial services, ICT, FMCG, manufacturing and industrial
- Advise on and sell the most appropriate solution for attracting candidates
- Build and maintain a candidate database of talent both local and international.
- Create and deliver solutions based on the needs of each particular client / assignment.
- Source suitable candidates through multiple channels; social media, headhunting, networking and referrals.
- Brief candidates on the opportunities and careers offered by our clients.
- Manage the recruitment process from initial interview to offer management and beyond.
- Offer CV, interview and general career advice building long term relationships with both candidates and clients.
- Network to acquire and grow business and market knowledge that can be converted into commercial opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for individuals who possess:
- Degree qualification (preferred but not essential).
- Previous successful track record in external recruitment or internal recruitment, or if no recruitment experience, then experience in some type of professional sales.
- An understanding of IT recruitment, IT roles or the IT market is highly advantageous
- Track record of strong personal billings if you have been in recruitment.
- Track record of building and managing relevant and successful client / candidate relationships.
- Genuine leadership skills with ability and desire to take on a bigger role in the future.
- Strong networking and client development abilities.
- Ability to work with businesses and individuals from a broad background both technically and culturally.
- Adaptable in a fast paced, complex and growing business environment.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Team based attitude.
What's on Offer
We provide an extensive training program tailored to those with or without recruitment experience along with a culture that supports and incentivises success, personal growth and careers locally and globally.
- Basic salary + quarterly performance bonuses
- Long-term career growth and development - 87% of our directors were promoted internally
- 20 days annual leave with 1 additional day per year of employment to a total of 25 days
- Monthly office and quarterly team events, mid-year functions, Christmas party, annual awards nights, high performers' trips, individual awards etc.