Sign up to receive job alerts
About Our Client
Identified as the most romantic hotel in Mauritius, this authentic five-star resort has four restaurants. All restaurants offer a culinary journey that takes guests far beyond Mauritian frontiers, to Asia to Europe. Their Italian restaurant offers traditional Italian recipes which blend with a creative twist high-quality products sourced from the finest regions in Italy.
Reporting to the Executive chef, the role of the Kitchen Chef will be to :
- Ensure that all processes and procedures are adhered to according to the hotel standards
- Plan, direct, and supervise the food preparation and cooking activities
- Execute of all events related as well as other resort events as needed
- Assist with restaurant menus as needed, including special event menus
- Coordinate planning, budgeting, and purchasing for all the food operations within the restaurant
- Communicate effectively with peers, management, line and front of the house service professionals
The Successful Applicant
3+ years of progressive culinary experience in an upscale Italian restaurant
Culinary Arts degree preferred
Passion for food is a given
Must be a self-motivator and motivator of others (can-do attitude is key)
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for an exciting challenge and who is ambitious.
This appointment will be on a full-time basis and our client is offering an interesting remuneration structure.