Mainly focused in Landfill Management
Supervise the construction and development of new landfill cells, and proper clo
About Our Client
Our client present in more than 30 years in Mauritius, specialises in Sewer and Water infrastructure, Waste and Landfill management, Geo technical investigation and Renewable Energy solutions. Today the Group focuses its operations in 3 sectors namely Infrastructure, Waste & Energy, Equipment & Logistics for both Public and Private clients.
The Landfill Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Supervises, plans and directs the work of all employees engaged in the disposal of solid waste and construction activities at the sanitary landfill, evaluates their performance and provides training and development as required. Completes performance evaluations, recommends and implements necessary disciplinary action, and participates in and makes recommendations regarding the hiring decisions of team members.
- Supervises the construction and development of new landfill cells, and proper closure and maintenance of completed cells.
- Plans, researches and recommends various operational issues related to the continuous improvement of services and delivery of services at the landfill.
- Monitors the operation of the landfill and prepares monthly compliance reports for the Authorities
- Develops and administers the Landfill budget, approves purchases and payments related to Landfill operations.
- Prioritises and schedules maintenance of landfill facilities, equipment and infrastructure. Determines requirements and specifications for the acquisition of new and replacement equipment for the landfill.
- Designs and supervises infrastructure requirements, additions and improvements.
- Prepares and administers contracts related to landfill. Reviews and approves designs prepared by Consultants and Authorities
- Provides key input in the preparation, administration, implementation, and monitoring of the landfill annual budget.
- Proposes capital improvements and oversees current projects.
- Provides direct support and key input to preparation of tender submissions in the landfill and waste related activities.
- Prepares reports and summaries for the General Manager. Supports the General Manager and follows through with details as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned, and as needs are determined.
The Successful Applicant
The Landfill Manager Manager role will be based in Mauritius and will require the following attributes:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related field is required
- Prior experience in the waste disposal focusing on landfill construction and operations management (and Waste-to-Energy field would be a plus) required - minimum 5 years of direct experience.
- Knowledge of FIDIC suite of contracts
- Basic surveying experience with Total Station surveying instruments and the ability to train staff in its use.
- Ability to prepare topographic survey drawings and calculate waste and earthwork volumes using CAD software.
- Analytically thinker who can multitask, is a self-starter and is very organised
- Proven leader, motivator, clear communicator and team player
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Good verbal and written communication skills
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for an exciting challenge and ready for a transformation journey in Mauritius with the ability to implement change and strategy. Our Client is offering an attractive remuneration structure.
- Competitive salary
- Car benefits & Bonus