Sign up to receive job alerts
Manager: Online Fraud Operations
Senior Fraud Operations Manager with Online, Card and Transaction experience
5+ years' experience within Fraud Operations in the Banking industry
About Our Client
The client, based in Johannesburg, operates in the Financial Services and provides banking services.
The Manager: Online Fraud Operations will build, direct and manage a world class Fraud Operations team with regards to Card Issuing, Merchant acquiring and Online Fraud. This will include the design, management, maintain and improvement of fraud prevention and detection strategies through a combination of people and systems "solutions/approaches" to minimize incoming fraud, contain losses for the bank and their customers.
In addition, the Manager: Online Fraud Operations will be responsible for the following:
- Monitor the performance of the rules in the fraud monitoring systems to be effective in the early detection of all types of fraud and to escalate the necessary changes where needed or suggest new rules to be considered.
- Ensure logging of operational incidents and monitor internal control implementations.
- To provide accurate statistics on a daily/monthly/weekly basis on all fraud reported, losses suffered, customer liabilities etc and to have accurate operational dashboards in place that is always up to date.
- Monitor the team's performance on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to ensure that work is completed accurately within laid down procedures.
- Support the "smart rules" roadmap - design, delivery and implementation with data design team to reduce the false positive rate and increase operational efficiencies.
- Ensure the automation of fraud related MI to reduce operational impact of manual reporting.
The Successful Applicant
Experience & Qualifications:
- At least a Minimum 5 years' experience in a Fraud Operations environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Extensive fraud knowledge across all types of banking related fraud and modus operandi.
- Extensive knowledge bank systems and processes across all product types.
- Good understanding of charge back rules and processes.
- Good time management and project management skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Understanding of the digital landscape, online fraud and the benefits technology can bring to provide customer entered solutions.
- A tertiary Degree or Diploma in either in Risk management or relevant experience or other diplomas, certificates, or training courses in Fraud.
What's on Offer
R700,000 CTC per annum - R800,000 CTC per annum