Sign up to receive job alerts
Medical Advisor - Oncology
Seeking Qualified Medical Doctors to apply for this exciting opportunity
Position is based in Cape Town, South Africa
About Our Client
Our client is a global, science-led bio- Pharmaceuticals company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines. Founded over 20 years ago, the business now has a global footprint with over 14000 employees located across 70+ countries. Their core business functions/sectors include cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, infection, inflammation areas, neuroscience, oncology and respiratory diseases.
As the Medical Advisor - Oncology you will be responsible for providing medical and clinical expertise in Oncology and builds the scientific leadership in this area. The role focuses on building a deep scientific understanding of the companies compounds through Key External Expert (KEE) engagement.
- The Medical Advisor - Oncology will provide input into Brand Strategy and will be responsible for implementation of medical activities aligned with overall Brand Strategy. Further internal accountability's include the delivery of medical education, clinical support to medical professionals, training sales teams and internal medical approval processes.
- In field engagement of Health care practitioners and key external stakeholders.
- Development and implementation of KEE engagement plan in collaboration with TA lead.
- Discuss potential involvement of Health care practitioners in Externally Sponsored Research and RWE studies.
- Provide internal stakeholders with an understanding of the local medical community, clinical practice, trends and real or perceived gaps in current scientific knowledge and medical treatment.
- Provide medical input for the development of company's brand plans.
- Develop and implement the local medical plan to address unmet medical needs in priority disease areas and ensure alignment with the brand plan.
- Develop and implement pre-launch medical plan/activities for new products at least 2 years prior to the planned launch to address key clinical and scientific challenges.
- Provide medical leadership on faculty and content development for medical programmes including national congresses, advisory boards, scientific exchange meetings, CMEs to meet identified needs.
The Successful Applicant
To apply for the Medical Advisor - Oncology role you will need to meet the below non negotiable criteria:
- Qualified Medical Doctor
- Masters or PhD qualification (desirable)
- Experience of medical affairs function within pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive knowledge of the latest technical and regulatory developments, and Medical Research Experience
- Medical research experience
- Based in or willing to relocate to Cape Town
What's on Offer
The successful applicant will receive the opportunity to work for one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, and receive a competitive market related salary.