Sign up to receive job alerts
Medical Science Liaison
Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Metabolism, Diabetes experience
Position is based in Johannesburg, South Africa
About Our Client
Our client is a global, science-led bio- Pharmaceuticals company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines. Founded over 20 years ago, the business now has a global footprint with over 14000 employees located across 70+ countries. Their core business functions/sectors include cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, infection, inflammation areas, neuroscience, oncology and respiratory diseases.
As the Medical Science Liaison you will be field based in Johannesburg and responsible for providing medical and clinical expertise in Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Metabolism & Diabetes therapeutic areas and building the scientific leadership within the organisation.
- Develop professional relationships with Key External Experts (KEEs).
- Build deep scientific understanding of compounds by engaging KEEs in clinical research, ESRs, scientific exchange meetings and advisory board meetings.
- Provide input into Brand Strategy and Life Cycle Management and implementation of medical activities aligned with brand strategy.
- Delivery of medical education and clinical support to Health Care Professionals and training of sales teams.
- Build, enhance and maintain the engagement with scientific leaders.
- Develop or initiate scientific programs to explore unmet medical needs in priority disease areas
- Governance and ensuring overall adherence to processes and regulation [include but not limited to patient safety, clinical trials, promotional activities]
- Continuously demonstrates development of scientific expertise in disease area(s) and personal skills
The Successful Applicant
To apply for the Medical Science Liaison role you will need to meet the below non negotiable criteria:
- Qualified Scientific Background
- Masters or PhD qualification (desirable)
- Experience of medical affairs function within pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive knowledge of the latest technical and regulatory developments, and Medical Research Experience
- Medical research experience
- Based in or willing to relocate to Johannesburg
What's on Offer
The successful applicant will receive the opportunity to work for one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, and receive a competitive market related salary.