- 10+ years of work experience in progressive plant supervisory roles.
- Experience in fish processing is mandatory
About Our Client
Our client is a one of the world leader in fishing and fish processing
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to meet and exceed our internal customers expectations and deadlines.
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets. Ensure subordinates and the broad organization can view and track progress (KPIs, etc.)
- Responsible for ensuring an executable schedule is available each day. Drive longer term capacity planning meetings, ensuring to incorporate maintenance needs and any other improvement projects requiring production downtime.
- Maintain reporting structures and visibility to ensure maintenance personnel are given clear priorities on daily/weekly/monthly basis, are executing planned work on time and according to schedule.
- Develop and manage, along with process engineering, projects to improve workflow efficiencies, process improvements, and equipment upgrades.
- Work with technical engineering department to provide input to and manage resources required to delivering new and upgraded equipment initiatives.
- Work in conjunction with process engineers, sales, and customer service to enable successful launches of new products and pilot programs for new clients.
- Must interface with customers as needed to tour the facility and provide updates on major customer initiatives.
- Recruit, manage and develop plant staff.
- Collect and analyze data to identify places of waste and opportunities to reduce overtime.
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong mechanical background and ability to think critically to both determine root cause and establish corrective and preventative actions to stop reoccurrence.
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles including budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources.
- Ability to train others in mechanical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong interpersonal, team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- You should speak english and spanish or Portuguese.
What's on Offer
- Good Reward Environment
- Culture that values diversity where people are at the heart of the company
- Opportunity to work for a company that cares about the environment and sets and achieves ambitious sustainability objectives