- Container vessel planning
- Port and Terminals
About Our Client
Present internationally our client is a key player in the logistics and shipping industry. With their proven background in the business, they have ensured the best tailor-made and high-quality logistics solutions to their global customers.
The role of the Port & Terminal Operations Coordinator will be to:
- maintain vessel schedules daily
- work with our 3rd party agency network, co-ordinate and arrange necessary documentation for client's vessels calling at ports in our area.
- ensure POE for any operational dealings with the terminals.
- liaise between client's and partners, general communication, conflict resolution, documentation & TBU's.
- capture and verify all port related expenses via work orders in FIS input by QSC.
- regularly confirm costing with Local experts for OOG and port restrictions / Regulations.
- check costings for DG and their port restrictions / Regulations.
- reconcile load & discharge via FIS and terminal systems.
The Successful Applicant
- Previously worked in the Port and Terminals field.
- Thorough knowledge of port-based applications (Navis, ICUMMS etc.) and documentation procedures.
- Good understanding of Microsoft applications.
- Ability to work on several systems simultaneously and interpret the data.
- Ability to work under pressure and excellent time management are key traits.
- Good general knowledge of Ports / terminal infrastructure, procedures and tariffs.
- Willingness to attend to emergencies outside of usual working hours.
- Able to assess and make an informed decision to resolve operational issues under pressure.
- Will need to be able to communicate internally and externally with people of all levels.
What's on Offer
This is a challenging opportunity for someone who is looking for an exciting challenge and ready for a transformation journey. Our Client is offering an attractive remuneration structure.