Portfolio Planning Manager- FMCG Retail
Leader of Personal Care Category Planning
About Our Client
Our client is a leader in their retail sector 480 stores nationwide, listed on the JSE.
The Planning Portfolio Manager, based out of Cape Town will responsible for the following:
To interpret the overall merchandise strategy and develop a high level Merchandise financial plan by department for sales, stock margins, GP and markdowns.
To lead and manage end to end supply chain strategies to ensure desired outcomes are achieved, i.e to the right stock at the right store at the right time
Balances a complex set of variables.
Making trade offs, influencing category teams to achieve stock and availability targets
To manage the departmental inventory in order to achieve efficiency's of stock of actual plan to meet KPI's availability days of stock forecasting.
Accuracy and department ROI.
To compile and produce reports to ensure visibility of correct information (stock, margin, availability) in order to take corrective action to maintain and or improve profitability.
Identify potential business risks (overselling, underselling, overstock, buying margin) and proposing corrective action and ensuring execution thereof.
To build high performance teams through effective people management and develop to ensure capability to meet current and future business objectives.
Ensure recruitment and Selection in in-line with transformation targets.
To identify opportunities to streamline and drive departmental efficiency's, resource allocation, and establish category ways of working, manage departmental expense budget and identify opportunities to reduce expenses.
To work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective delivery of the operating plan.
The Successful Applicant
The successful incumbent will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Relevant supply chain experience
- Previous experience in retails or FMCG management
- BCOM or BSC or Business Management Degree is essential
Job related knowledge
- Mathematics and statistics
- Industrial relations
- Systems, procedures orientated
- Understanding of customer demographics
- Buying and Planning process in retail
- Financial planning
- FMCG demand planning and forecasting
- Category management, sales and operations planning way of working (matrix organisations)
- Vendor Management ( including negotiation and contract management)
- People management
- Business Acumen
- Problem solving and analytical thinking
What's on Offer
Market Related Salary