Based in Merebank, Kwa-Zulu Natal
About Our Client
Our client is a Multinational Chemical company, with offices throughout the globe. Head officed in Johannesburg with two manufacturing facilites in the country and a large export presence.
The Procurement Co-Ordinator, based in Merebank - KwaZulu-Natal will be responsible for the following:
Reporting to the Works Manager and functionally to the Head of Procurement & Logistics, the Procurement Co-Ordinater is responsible for all procurement functions on site:
- Assist and guide end-users to use the correct Procurement platform for raising Purchase requirements, in line with Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Assist end-users to obtain quotes and estimates from relevant approved suppliers, by following the Procurement Policies and Procedures. Ensure compliance to local and global Procurement standards and delegation of authority. This include but is not limited to the, RFQ, RFP, Tender waivers and adjudication with reference to policies.
- Purchasing material for inventory and non-stock items for the Merebank Site, by creating Framework orders, Outline agreements and Catalogues
- Reviewing Purchase orders and ensuring that it is send to the relevant suppliers
- Resolving errors on purchase orders as required
- Conducting price negotiations with suppliers, and capture relevant savings generated from this in Projects to drive the overall targets and strategy as set by Global Procurement and Logistics. Savings to be supported with back-up supporting documentation based on the GPL Topology guidelines
- Establishes and maintains strong and trusting relationships with site specific suppliers.
- Analyse price trends and assess their impact on future activities as well as continuously develop market knowledge
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained and all complaints and non-conformity's from suppliers are captured and managed in the ProInfo Complaints tool
- Assist Suppliers with to upload catalogues for non-stock items and ensure that prices are accurate and up-to-date on the Catalogue system
- Assist in general day-to-day activities and actions required in the running of the Procurement department to ensure stakeholder satisfaction and limited business interruptions. This include but is not limited to order placing, price request, expediting, Catalogue usage and update, or whatsoever reasonable request are made by the line manager.
The Successful Applicant
The Procurement Co-Ordinator based in Merebank - KwaZulu-Natal will be responsible for the following:
- Diploma or Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain
- CIPS or other formal Procurement qualifications and association will be advantageous
- 5 - 10 years Procurement experience in a Technical Environment is required
- Good planning and organising skills
- Proven track record of negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What's on Offer
Market Related Salary