Sign up to receive job alerts
Procurement Category Management - Sales & Marketing / Indirect Procurement
Multinational Company Based in Johannesburg North
About Our Client
My client is a multinational FMCG giant with a global presence in over 130 countries and a workforce over 40,000. They are well-known for their divers brands catering to various markets with 9 flagship brands. Notable for their Top Employer status and service delivery. Their Head Office in South Africa is based in Johannesburg from which they service the neighbouring countries.
The Procurement Manager is responsible for managing procurement activities for the Marketing & Sales + Reduced Risk Products category within own cluster in additional to supporting the local organisation with other strategic procurement activities.
- Works in close collaboration with global category lead for appointed category and local management for all other strategic sourcing and contracting initiatives. As well as effective management of local supplier relations.
- Contributes to the development of assigned category and implements the right procurement strategy in close collaboration with business partners within own cluster.
- Secures the supply of goods and services required by the organisation to the specified quality, service and cost criteria through the implementation of harmonised and consistent sourcing strategies .
- Critical success factors encompass implementation of global category strategies within the cluster. Business partnership mindset is a must.
- Rolls-out appropriate strategies set forth by the Global Category Lead, provides sound direction for appointed category and ensures close collaboration with all cluster stakeholders.
- Identifies and manages regional/local supplier's pool. Negotiates strategic contracts and ensures optimum and sustainable supply conditions.
- Achieves set Procurement negotiation targets and KPIs.
- Plans and delivers Savings targets.
- Develops and recommends strategic sourcing plan/decisions.
- Leads and /or supports supplier bidding processes in close cooperation with respective business partners to ensure best combination of quality, cost and service parameters / conditions for products and services are attained.
- Drives strategy implementation at local and cluster level for assigned category and monitors performance.
- Ensures corrective actions are taken when required.
- Focuses on demonstrating value of Business Partnership, by developing a customer-oriented approach.
- Aligns strategy with key business partners and ensures it meets Business's priorities.
- Establishes alignment and effective communication among procurement organisation, business partners and suppliers.
- Takes preventive actions to avoid supply issues and resolves problems in due time.
- Assumes responsibilities for additional projects, tasks as assigned by his/her superior and reflect core behaviours in all aspects of work.
The Successful Applicant
To be shortlisted for the Procurement Manager position you must have the following attributes:
- Degree Qualification
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Procurement/ Category management
- Minimum of 5 years experience in dealing with the Sales & Marketing category
- People Management experience is essential
- Strong Business & Commercial Acumen
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a Top Employer Brand with a highly competitive package offering.