- International Manufacturing Company
- In operation for more than 13 years'
About Our Client
Our Client is an industry leader in the manufacturing sector and has operations globally. They are expanding rapidly and has been in operation for more than 13 years' with a strong and clear long term growth plan.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in a similar role within the manufacturing industry
- At least 5 years managerial experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Social Sciences, or any other relevant discipline
- An MBA or relevant Masters degree will be an added advantage
- Relevant professional qualification in Supply Chain Management e.g. Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements procurement strategies, manuals, policies and procedures to ensure an efficient, best practice, and commercially focused procurement function
- Ensures strict adherence to procurement policies and procedures
- Oversees the analysis and monitoring of current and future procurement requirements, and prepares to support the achievement of corporate objectives and targets
- Engages with the business to identify the key procurement priorities, and ensure that purchases are made at competitive prices
- Establishes new processes and systems for effective procurement processes, and identifies solutions for procurement systems
- Drives a short turn-around time for processing Requisitions and Purchase Orders
- Maintains an up-to-date database of qualified vendors and suppliers of goods and services to the company
- Oversees sourcing processes, Request for Proposals (RFP) compilation, evaluation of suppliers' responses and negotiation with suppliers including long term purchasing agreements
- Defines and manages key supplier relationships to deliver excellent operational performance in cost, service and quality
- Ensures that delivered goods are inspected to conform with the specifications on the order
- Sets up and drives the processes for reviewing contracts, suppliers and vendors, to ensure that maximum value for money is achieved
- Oversees all international procurements, from order to delivery
- Develops and implements new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification
- Manages relationships with relevant government agencies to ensure prompt delivery of procured commodities
- Oversees the purchase of Insurance Certificates and other relevant custom clearing documents
- Ensure the integrity of the IMS is maintained when changes to the IMS are planned and implemented
- Ensuring that Integrated Management System (Quality Standard - ISO9001; Environmental ISO14001; Food Safety ISO22000; Occupational Health ISO45000; Food Safety Pre-requisite ISO22002-4) conforms to the requirements of International Standard
- Liaises with Engineering and Production Departments for materials requirements and specification
- Liaises with Customs and clearing Agents for smooth clearance
- Liaises with Accounts to ensure payments of supplied goods
- Relates with Stores on Purchase, Inspection and Delivery of materials.
- Liaises with Key Personnel for the offloading and receipts of materials
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have strong academic qualifications and experience in managing people. He/She must be an open and clear communicator, being able to operate at a high level in a fast paced environment.
What's on Offer
This is an opportunity to join a global organisation with operations and opportunities to advance within this market. A competitive remuneration package with associated/industry related benefits.