- Project Engineer - Mining
- Project Engineer - Mining
About Our Client
Our Client is a provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunnelling.
They are seeking a Project Engineer with relevant mining exposure and international experience.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects.
- Prepare Estimates, Specifications review and Capital Management.
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
- Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field.
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel's performance) and report regularly on project status.
- Prepare and provide punch listing and make follow-up on projects close-out.
- Assist PM to make sure the project is 100% closed out with Accounting.
- Assign responsibilities and coach project team.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants, to provide assistance and technical support where necessary.
- Review engineering deliverables according to agreed SCOPE and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Stakeholder engagement and management- Communicate clearly and objectively.
- Estimating-various Class estimates
- Scope preparations, Design Specifications reviews
- EP/Capital Applications and Management
- Change Management understanding and implementation
- Strict adherence to time lines and project plans
- Conduct Project close-out and postmortems
- Customer relations
- Good Communication skills
- Technical Report writing and Presentation
- Africa Sub Region
- Engineering and Construction Project-Fixed and Mobile Plant.
- Size of Projects: Single projects up to A$10.0 Million.
The Successful Applicant
Critical Experience and Qualifications:
- BSc Degree in construction management/Mechanical engineering or relevant field.
- 5 Years of experience in a similar or related role
- Strong knowledge and understanding of construction field and/or Chemical Industry.
- Ability to work in an office environment as well as in the field as requested.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Office products including MS Projects.
- Prior experience in construction or relative field preferred.
- Proven track record working with people, teams and projects.
- Ability to work independently, within a team and in a diverse workforce.
- Possess unquestioned reputation for integrity, ethics, personal values and solid character
- Builds the trust of others both internally and externally
- Demonstrate innate business intellect, achievement orientation and competitive spirit
- Exudes confidence, yet be without strong ego needs; is self-aware and open to feedback
- Show courage to make decisions, yet is patient to make the right ones
- Model resilience and flexibility; adapts well to new circumstances and adversity
- Demonstrate a bias to working in a team oriented fashion, supporting others success
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary.
- exciting project engagements around Sub-Saharan Africa.
- International exposure