- AML Africa experts with ACAMS certification
- Experience with listed & regulated MNC, banking, finance services & institutions
À propos de notre client
Our client is an international key player of the Tech industry in Africa. As part of the set-up of its Group Legal & Compliance department, we are looking for a Regional AML looking after West and Central Africa to be based in Nigeria or Côte d'Ivoire.
Description du poste
Based in Lagos or Abidjan, you report to the Group Chief Compliance Officer and play a key leading role in overseeing Group's Anti-Money Laundering (AML) programme and systems in West and Central Africa.
In line with this role, you will be expected to fulfill the following assignments :
- Drafting, managing and executing policies and procedures governing the Group's compliance programme in West and Central Africa,
- Monitoring and testing policies and procedures to ensure they can result in compliance,
- Carrying out risk assessment and compliance reviews to ensure policies and procedures are being followed by the affiliates in the region,
- Liaising with legal and regulatory bodies on all compliance-related issues,
- Ensuring that the organization complies with existing and developing international and national laws and regulations,
- Establishing and setting the tone of compliance throughout the organization in the region,
- Recommending the initiation of investigative procedures in response to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and the Code of Conduct,
- Carrying out periodic evaluation of the compliance Programs to make appropriate changes and improvements if needed,
- Providing guidance on the effective response to detected problems and proffer recommendations for corrective action as appropriate.
You have a degree in law together with ACAMS certification and a minimum of ten experience in AML officer roles looking after Kenya and other countries in West & Central Africa in the private sector with regulated and listed multinational companies of the telcos, FMCG, banking, financial services & institutions industries. Exposure to regulators and law enforcement agencies in the US and the region will be an added value. You have a strong drive, entrepreneur and communication skills together with high agility and wish to bring your AML expertise to succeed in a setting-up, fast-paced and fascinating start-up environment.
Local attractive package