Inscrivez-vous pour recevoir nos alertes emploi
Regional Compliance Manager EA - Kenya - Tech
Knowledge of AML, KYC & CFT, experience with regulators in ESA & the US
Experience with listed & regulated MNC, banking, finance services & institutions
À propos de notre client
Our client is a start-up and international key player of the Tech industry in Africa. As part of the set-up of its Group Legal & Compliance department, we are looking for a Regional Compliance Manager looking after East & Southern Africa to be based in Kenya.
Description du poste
Based in Nairobi, you report to the Senior Compliance Manager for Africa and play a key leading role in structuring the regional department and ensuring that the Group is in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in Eastern & Southern Africa.
In line with this role, you will be expected to fulfill the following assignments :
- Implementing structure and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations in Kenya and in Eastern & Southern Africa region,
- Managing the company's compliance policies and procedures to address emerging issues in applicable laws/regulations,
- Implementing and supporting the compliance operations of the Group in ESA with emphasis on anti-money laundering (AML), "know your customer" (KYC) and Sanction & Embargo (S&E) processes,
- Communicating and facilitating a culture of ethical behavior and integrity to all employees, business partners and stakeholders in the region,
- Monitoring adherence to affiliates and employees understanding, commitment and agreement to follow the Company's policies and procedures,
- Driving the Company's compliance training content,
- Maintaining accurate and complete records of all compliance matters.
You have e a degree in law with a minimum of five experience in generalist compliance management roles looking after multiple countries in East & Southern Africa in the private sector with regulated and listed multinational companies of the telcos, FMCG, banking, financial services & institutions industries. Exposure to regulators and law enforcement agencies in the US and Africa will be an added value as well as experience with KYC, S&E and AML. You have strong entrepreneur skills together with high agility and wish to bring your organization and prioritization skills to succeed in a setting up, fast-paced and fascinating start-up environment.
Local attractive package