- Strategy Implementation and strong Business Development experience required
- A growing FMCG company looking to expand in to East and West Africa
À propos de notre client
Our client is a Supplier & Exporter Of Food Products in the FMCG sector. Following the company's exponential success, the business is currently expanding in to East and West Africa.
Description du poste
The succesful Regional Manager - West and East Africa will be responsible for the below:
Own the strategic planning agenda in West and East Africa. Drive key local strategic initiatives and work
alongside the team on the highest value strategic priorities that will deliver business growth/value.
Specifically, identify and pursue to close key strategic opportunities in the market. Lead the
management and execution of the business at both a strategic and operational level.Job ResponsibilitiesBusiness Development
- Proactively identify, follow up and shortlist new business development opportunities. Determine and convert viable ones into clients.
- Expansion of the existing markets and client base in the two regions. Look at new markets for expansion simultaneously.
- Refresh and solidify the strategic road-map for both West and East Africa to enhance the business's competitiveness - portfolio management, pricing, scalable business
- Maintain and develop relationship with existing customers
- Negotiate terms of agreement with new clients and close sales within authorised parameters
- Market Understanding
- Carry out research/analysis that will help the business to understand the market and customers better.
- Gather data/intelligence on competitors & industry to cover business performance & bench marking (cost comparisons, efficiency ratios, current/upcoming production & import capacities), price comparisons, Supply/Demand balance etc.
- Participate in industry events in the region on behalf of the company
- Knowledge of the regulatory compliance and government policies on import of goods
- General Management
- Achieve sales and gross profit targets as determined
- Coordinate and manage pre-sales activities and maintain effective sales enablement.
- Create and maintain effective demand generation and customer engagement.
- Weekly and monthly reporting on activities, figures, and markets.
- Manage the team of 2 Business Development Managers and enable them in achieving their goals
- Prepare monthly and quarterly sales reports and submits your findings and analysis to senior management.
To apply for the Regional Manager - West and East Africa role, you should meet the below minimum requirements
- 10 years relevant experience in the FMCG business in the region
- Proven experience in a strategic and hands on operational general management role
- Strong established relationships within the FMCG industry in the region
- Proven ability to meet business development targets and sales numbers
- Strong financial acumen (sales orientation)
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills in English; bilingual will be preferred
- Accept responsibility and accountability
- Carry out the work ethically and with utmost integrity
The successful Regional Manager - West and East Africa will be joining a fast growing company with a lot of exciting opportunities to grow their career and earning potential. You will also receive a competitive salary.