Sign up to receive job alerts
Sales Engineer - Multinational Corporation
More than 30,000 employees in over 50 countries
About Our Client
Our Client is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of
a wide variety of labeling and functional materials.
● Minimum 5 years proven knowledge and experience in the field of sales and customer service.
● Knowledge of the export process and documentation will be an advantage.
● Demonstrate a high level of ethics and integrity.
● Sound knowledge and understanding of print applications including active problem solving of technical issues raised by
● The successful candidate should be in possession of a valid passport and driver's licence with their own reliable vehicle.
● Willing to travel and relocate if required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Conduct a needs analysis to ensure that all sales targets are met.
● Conceptualise new and innovative strategies to achieve sales targets.
● Generate and Follow up on new sales leads and build detailed project pipeline with prospective values.
● Conduct surveys and Market research to study and analyse changing needs of customers and growth opportunities.
● Increase footprint and market share for the brand in specified area of responsibility.
● Actively engage with converters to identify new opportunities.
● Actively increase opportunity pipeline for quarterly and annual sales and maintain a close rate equal to peers.
● Provide input to S&OP meetings (discuss accuracy of the forecasts, slow moving and obsolete stock and identify crisis areas).
● Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
● Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
● Doing cold calls with potential customers.
● Prepare and submit daily,weekly and Monthly sales reports.
● Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
● Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and
promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
● Provide technical advice and solutions to customers when required.
● Record customer interaction.
● Take informed decisions regarding terms and conditions of pricing, rebates, COD pricing and discounts.
● Log customer complaints within 24hrs of complaint being received.
● Conduct product trials at customers when required, and help technical department.
● Update customer price lists, and ensure prices are updated within operating systems
● Follow complaint till conclusion, and advise the customer of results.
● Assess materials when there are customer complaints.
● Ensure that all customer demands are timeously met.
● Liaise with customers regarding their account status.
● Follow up on outstanding payments and assist with debtors collections is in line with corporate policies.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have strong academic qualifications and experience in sales. He/She must be an open and clear communicator, being able to operate at a high level in a fast paced environment.
What's on Offer
This is an opportunity to join a global organisation with operations and opportunities to advance within this market. A competitive remuneration package with associated/industry related benefits.