Prince Minerals, a global Minerals company is looking for a Sales Manager
Based in Lonehill, Johannesburg
About Our Client
Prince Minerals South Africa (Pty) Limited is part of Prince International Corporation which is a highly successful business with manufacturing operations in South Africa, Mainland Europe, China and Americas. The company specialises in the field of industrial minerals and speciality chemicals. Its value added products are supplied to a wide spectrum of industrial markets including Glass, Foundry, Agriculture, Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Construction and Water Treatment.
The RSA business is a manufacturer, importer and distributor of industrial minerals and speciality chemicals throughout South Africa and the wider Africa continent.
The successful Sales Manager will be based in Johannesburg and will have the following duties:
- Manage the sales staff and customer support department
- Establish new buying customers , maintain existing relationships with customers, build sustainable long term relationships
- Co-ordinate , supervise, develop and manage sales and marketing functions, after sales services and all other customer related tasks
- Manage staff and provide leadership, direction and strategic guidance to achieve or exceed annual sales targets in line with the budget
- Develop, track, analyse and report key business indicators to senior management
- Develop and implement a dynamic sales plan
- Compile a monthly report for all sales activities identifying opportunities and presenting a realistic project funnel
- Encourage cross selling within divisions based on the extensive product portfolio
- Manage training internally of sales reps and externally for customers
- Manage marketing initiatives for your department
- Manage obtaining of information of competitor market analysis
- Provide exceptional service at all times putting the customer first
- Enter into customer negotiations through networking, prospecting, cold calling
The Successful Applicant
The successful Sales Manager will be based in Johannesburg and will have the following attributes:
Academic Qualification/s Required:
- Degree or similar qualification
Experience / Technical Skills Required:
- 10 - 15 years commercial sales experience
- Minimum of five years direct sales experience at a management level within the South African minerals industry.
- Knowledge within the minerals, gas, glass, metal, chemical and manufacturing industry would be advantageous
- Demonstrate a track record to sell, develop new markets and products, and establish key customer contacts.
- Computer skills in Excel, Word and Power Point
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are essential.
- Must be willing to travel extensively.
- Ability to coach, challenge, and influence effectively staff from all disciplines.
- Strong impact, interpersonal and communication skills with proven capability and potential to make a significant contribution to the business.
- Business Awareness - demonstrates clear understanding of the business context
- Wise decisions - anticipates future situations and plans ahead to meet them.
- Innovation - looks for ways to do things better, faster and more efficiently
What's on Offer
A competitive market related offer