Sign up to receive job alerts
Client Authorisation Required
Senior Hydro Project Manager
Hydro Project Manager
About Our Client
Our client is a leader in the production of renewable energy in Madagascar and contributes to the sustainable development of the country. Headquartered in Europe, this international player has more than 200 employees in different locations of the country.
The role of the PM will include, but not be limited to:
- Lead, coordinate, facilitate and be accountable of the project(s) in terms of development, execution and technical assets management of the hydro power assets in Madagascar
- Support (and lead as agreed or deemed necessary) the setup and implementation of project management systems, practices and processes, as well as the Quality Assurance/Quality Control and compliance systems.
- Maintain and improve a Health and Safety-based working culture
- Support, communicate, monitor progress of achievement of business objectives and implement key performance indicators accordingly
- Report to relevant project stakeholders (such as the client's Board, CEO…) throughout the execution of projects and activities
- Provide direction to the operating plants in line with targeted objectives, from an asset management perspective
- Provide guidance for adequate operations & maintenance planning, scheduling and continuous improvement programs
Under construction Projects
- Provide leadership, direction to the contractor(s) on all engineering and ESG & HS aspects of project development and work closely with the project team to achieve the successful development, implementation and management of the civil works
- Provide overall contract administration on the behalf of the company and approve/review contractors' payment applications
- Take overall responsibility for the development of the portfolio of hydro power assets in Madagascar
- Build and oversee a team of experts to develop the projects
The Successful Applicant
- At least 10 years of experience as construction manager/ or relevant site supervision with civil and/or mechanic interfaces
- Relevant experience in renewable energy projects development, hydropower construction and asset management.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Ability to simultaneously manage parallel, but different, construction contracts (civil works, electro-mechanical works) and related activities (Engineering, Health & Safety, ESG, Inspection and Testing, Quality, RH).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Project
- Preferably with previous Sub-Saharan African experiences
- Excellent written English and ability to write documents to a publishable standard
- Fluent in French or Italian
- Enthusiasm and commitment to work in innovative entrepreneurial work environment
- Excellent people management and team player
- Willingness to travel to project sites
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for an exciting challenge and who is ambitious.
Located in Antananarivo, Madagascar, overseas travel to Europe (Italy) and Kenya might also be required.
This appointment will be on a full-time basis and our client is offering an interesting remuneration structure.