- SSA Supply Planning Manager
- Supply Chain
About Our Client
AkzoNobel, is a Dutch multinational company which creates paints and performance coatings for both industry and consumers worldwide. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the company has activities in more than 80 countries, and employs over 32,000 people in Logistics and supply chain.
SSA Supply Planning Manager
What is the primary purpose of this job? Describe the 5-6 main objectives of the job and the approximate % of time spent performing each objective.
1. Lead and manage the Supply Planning Team for Sub-Saharan Africa to ensure the required service to the customer and the appropriate balance with costs and inventory for both finished goods and materials.
2. Ensure the region is meeting the targets month after month in terms of OTIF (Delivery Capability), Inventory (DIO) and SLOBs (%) optimizing the impact on manufacturing, logistics and procurement costs
3. Implement and develop the needed processes and tools to perform the required planning activities
4. Develop the team, and ensure their engagement.
5. Support Regional Supply Planning Manager on side projects and the deployment of the stratagy and operational plans into the region
6. Ensure a good communication and integration with demand/Bus, manufacturing, procurement, logistics and finance
Deco HUB Lead:
- Manage the supply planning team in Sub-Saharan Africa regions
- Demonstrate leadership according to company values, walking the path with the team
- Implement the right and agreed governance in the hub
- Implement and develop MDI and Tier meetings
- Ensure the right setting of objectives, performance and development of the team
- Liaise with regional leadership to ensure business targets are achieved
- Develop and implement details plans to improve performance on service, inventory and SLOBs, but as well on efficiency and improvement of the processes
- Guide team members in their day to day activities management
- Work closely with regional supply planning manager and supply chain director to deploy the strategy and plans within the region
- Ensure the right collaboration with demand management/planning teams, manufacturing, procurement, logistics, customer service and finance
- Deco Sub Saharan planning strategy
- Bu Directors stakeholder management
- Responsible for working capital > Euro 50M (FG/RM)
Production and Materials Planning:
- Ensure planning managers and planners plan finished goods products in the three horizons: IBP, Demand Control and Execution
- Participate in the monthly supply reviews and RCCP preparation and review per site on demand
- Prepare and lead the monthly hub consolidation meeting
- Provide monthly and weekly performance analysis and action plans
- Ensure all finished goods produced or sold in SSA are planned to manage production, distribution or purchasing to ensure the performance targets (DC, DIO, SLOBs)
- DCs as contact point to resolve over/ under stock position.
- Ensure team applies the right inventory policies and planning startegies
- Ensure material planning managers and materials planners plan in the three horizons: IBP, Demand Control and Execution
- Manage exception escalation resolution
- Review and manage suppliers, manufacturing and logistics performance
Key Performance Indicators
- DC: Service - ensure on time and in full targets (OTIF) measured as delivery capability are achieved.
- DIO: Inventory levels - maintain correct stock balance whilst adhering to operating working capital targets in days and in value
- SLOBs: manage SLOBs with proactive reduction once there and preventive not to generate them
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant should meet the following requirements:
SSA Supply Planning Manager Experience
Min: University Graduate
Ideal: Supply Chain, Planning, Production and Inventory Management experience
Min: Experience and success record on managing teams and working under pressure
What's on Offer
Ensure a good communication and integration with demand/Bus, manufacturing, procurement, logistics and finance