- Master of Science - MSc, Industrial Engineering or Process Engineering
- Supply Chain Manager
About Our Client
leading global Mining-Tech company, which enables successful and cost-effective operations from exploration to production.
Classification | Restricted
- Ensuring processes and controls that identify, minimise, or manage slow moving or excess stock are established and enforced,
- In consultation with Global Supply Chain, ensuring regional compliance with global best practise.
- Building and maintaining good relationships with vendors.
- Effectively manage key logistics & warehouse solutions
- The best vendors and distributors are determined through cost analysis.
- All inventory managed effectively with regular reports on receiving, restocking, transfers, and discrepancies supplied to Global Supply Chain.
- Stock levels are maintained in line with established stock targets.
- Suppliers are liaised with through the supply chain lifecycle to ensure production levels can be achieved
- Local requirements are fed back to corporate governance to ensure that global best practises account for and align with regional idiosyncrasies. REGION MANUFACTURING AND PRODUCTION
- Overseeing production from all plants in the region.
- Rationalising product portfolio in conjunction with GM.
- Identifying process bottlenecks and implementing solutions in a timely manner.
- Implementing quality tests and standards across all plants.
- Production from all plants is lean, efficient, cost effective, has enough redundancy to survive emergency situations, and can scale easily according to business climate.
- Short comings in existing manufacturing processes, systems, procedures are addressed in a timely and cost-effective manner that deliver straight forward improvements.
- All products are supplied with a 0% (aspirational) failure rate from manufacturing reasons. Failure rates are explained, and reasons for failure are corrected as soon as practicable.
- Management of change, non-conformance, and inspection practises are applied uniformly across region. LEADERSHIP AND PEOPLE
- Communicates the vision to create a shared sense of purpose about the future.
- Ensures staff are engaged and competent to perform their tasks and compliant with all Group policies, procedures and regional regulations.
- Takes accountability for results, good or bad and uses 'lessons learnt' to improve future delivery. Celebrates their own achievements as well as those of others.
- Delegates significant responsibility and authority to appropriate staff, allowing others to make substantive contributions.
- Seeks different perspectives openly, consistently follows through on commitments and shows consistency between word and actions.
- Team members understand their contribution to the vision and the strategic milestones that show progress towards the vision.
- Employee engagement levels increase annually through investment in people.
- Builds an environment of consultation by promoting shared goals and works to break down 'siloed' mentality.
- Recruits talent based on capability requirements.
- Provides formal, concrete feedback to own team members through regular reviews around progress and to recognise high performance.
- Adapts ones behaviours when interacting with others to show maturity and consideration for the situation.
- Bi-annual Performance and Development Reviews (ADR's) on direct reports completed, ensuring cascade to full region.
- Poor performance issues addressed in a timely manner.
- Supports direct reports to create and action development objectives. HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Ensure the availability of resources essential to establish, implement, maintain and improve the QHSE management system;
- Ensure risk management activities are implemented within area of responsibility, including the identification, developed and implementation of any site-specific measures required to eliminate or reduce risk in their area;
- Ensure employees are provided with the necessary PPE, instruction, information, training and supervision to enable work to be carried out safely; and
- Ensure employees are inducted, trained and supervised on all HSE matters as necessary.
- Complete Hazard and aspect identification and elimination/reduction programmes for team.
- Effective incident reporting.
The Successful Applicant
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Supply Chain Manager
Johhanesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- Degree or higher qualification in business, manufacturing, supply chain or equivalent STEM area that focuses on process.
- 10+ years' experience in a similar or slightly junior role
- Proven negotiation and influencing ability that has resulted in maxim beneficial outcome for the business
- Experience implementing or using LEAN management practises.
- Experience in establishing and managing quality systems such as ISO9001 preferably in a manufacturing or similar environment.
What's on Offer
Medical Aid,pension and bonus