Exciting opportunity for a Tax Manager at a leading African market retailer
The client is offering a great TCTC excluding perfomance bonus
About Our Client
The client is one of the leading clothing, footwear and textiles retailing group in South Africa trading through a range of retail formats. The client has grown to over 5 retail brands trading in over 800 stores in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Swaziland, Lesotho, Zimbabwe and Zambia. Providing over 4 million customers with credit facilities, the company leads the market. The company has revenues at nearly R20bn and employ over 11,000 people throughout Africa.
Being the Tax Manager will involved the following key responsibilities:
- Ensure the business is compliant in tax affairs and report on tax transactions.
- Devise, implement and monitor the units processes, by enduring the business unit is effective and governed accordingly.
- Advise EXCO on business transactions which attract tax consequences on best tax remedies.
- Build and maintain relations with stakeholders
- Monitor the performance of the tax departments personnel.
The Successful Applicant
The Tax Manager should posses the following requirements:
CA (SA) with a Higher diploma in Tax (Minimum 5 years post articles experience), or;
Masters in Taxation (Minimum 7 years experience in tax, with 4 years at managerial level)
Have managed a team size of at least 5 people
Oracle software a MUST
Retail or FMCG experience ideal, but would consider other industries except Financial Services.
- Africa tax exposure is a must (transfer pricing).
What's on Offer
The TCTC offered for the Tax Manager which will be based in the Cape Town head-office and will be discussed with each candidate who successfully applies to the role.