Sign up to receive job alerts
Technical Manager : Marine Operations
About Our Client
Leading marine logistics service company operating in the Nigerian oil and gas market.
Vessel Management (Technical): ▪ Monitor, manage and report the day to day technical operation and performance of assigned vessels, in conjunction with the on-board management, to ensure that applicable requirements for safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental objectives are met. ▪ Acts as the first point-of-contact and interface on all technical vessel matters. ▪ Prepares Vessel Technical Budget for approval and ensures compliance with budget. ▪ Estimates and plans budgets for fleet maintenance in consultation with the Operations Manager. ▪ Manages critical vessel equipment/spares optimally.
Vessel Maintenance (Planned & Preventive) and Repair Management:
▪ Ensures that all vessels are technically operational or otherwise managed according to the management requirement and optimally operational and fit for service. ▪ Investigates all reported deficiencies, non-conformities and defects and takes corrective action to ensure all are cleared to prevent operational delays on all vessels.
▪ Tracks and ensures on-board crews complete 'day-to-day' Planned Maintenance System (PMS) programmes and M&R activities (mainly preventive) of all vessels to maintain the proper operational status of the vessels and to enforce zero downtime.
▪ Identifies potential causes of defects, investigates and analyses reported defects, taking corrective & preventive actions in consultation with the Operations Manager. ▪ Inspects equipment lists and tests to ensure that all equipment to be used are indeed well-maintained and in excellent working condition ▪ Co-ordinates and ensures planned and non-routine maintenance and repairs are carried out and concluded within agreed timelines and budgets. ▪ Ensure to have strong Technical and Project Management skills.
Vessel Monitoring and Report Analysis: ▪ Monitors and analyses the technical status of all vessels and uses information therefrom to prepare a biweekly executive summary for the Operations Manager.
▪ Ensures the design, monitoring and update of both maintenance plans and maintenance documentation and reporting systems where and when necessary.
▪ Ensures that all maintenance and repair tasks comply with Company's and Client's Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Policies and Procedures.
▪ Cooperates with regulatory bodies to ensure that requirements for alterations, repair, or modifications are done at the most cost effective and safest manner.
▪ Plans dry-dock scope and duration with minimal disruption to vessel operating schedule.
▪ Sources for cost effective and qualified dry-dock vendor.
▪ Ensures dockyard, ship builder and other parties involved in the dry-dock collectively and individually endorse the planned dry-dock duration schedule.
▪ Ensures critical parts needed for the dry-dock are in the company warehouse or with the dry-dock vendor prior to commencement of the dry-docking exercise.
▪ Carries out and supervises the dry-docking of vessels.
Vendor Technical Relations
▪ Evaluates all spare parts requisitions received from vessels and monitor the efficient and timely supply of all spares required for the proper maintenance and safe operation of the vessels.
▪ Handles warranty claims for vessels where applicable. ▪ Liaising with clients, crew and local stakeholders. ▪ Appoint and manage subcontractors for vessel maintenance and services.
Charter Technical Audits
▪ Supervises all technical Charter audits and investigations on defects/failures on a regular scheduled basis to ensure conformance. ▪ Acts as interface on all contractual, marine and nautical matters, and pro-actively develops Client relations.
▪ Ensures that all vessels comply with class society.
▪ Ensures full compliance with Port State control. ▪ Plans, controls and executes all activities connected to class survey and certificate requirements and builds and maintains effective liaison with relevant authorities. ▪ Controls and monitors that assigned vessels are ready for use and certified. ▪ Undertake any other Technical related assignment as and when required.
Training and Development
▪ Trains the technical staff (where applicable) to effectively act as a redundancy.
The Successful Applicant
. Minimum of first degree in Mechanical Engineering.
▪ Fully conversant with Class and Flag State requirements.
▪ Extensive knowledge and experience in Marine Operations.
▪ Minimum of 5 years' managerial experience in a similar role
What's on Offer
basic,benefits and bonuses