Sign up to receive job alerts
Technical Projects and Continuous Improvement Manager
About Our Client
One of the worlds leading manufacturers of building material and associated products across the African market.They employ some of the worlds top engineers to help them realise their local and global vision.
practices and ambitions.
Hereto, and based on group guidelines and expectations, he will set-up, introduce and apply a continuous improvement process to identify the root cause of technical and operational inefficiencies. Based on the outcome of this process,
He(she) will coordinate, develop, design and realize Improvement Projects related to all Plant related Operational and Logistic activities:
- Investigation of machine failures and responsible to develop root-cause analyses, proposals for reduction of these failures and realization of proposals.
- Technical Coordination of the energy management of the plant and implementation of optimization projects.
- Identification of opportunities for improvement (operational cost, machine efficiency, equipment availability, quality loss), elaboration of technical or organizational proposals and implementation here-off.
- Actively gives 2nd line field support to Factory and Maintenance Managers to understand and solve technical problems.
- Develops, set-up and maintain a system for document control (technical and project documentation system) and recording and management of process data.
- Responsible for the execution of plant investments and main modifications:
- Coordinate the requests for plant investments (CAPEX) and prepare the detailed technical, financial and administrative files for approval and follow-up.
- Preparation, execution and commissioning of investments and main modifications.
- Coordination and contact interface with Etex Engineering and external Engineering Companies.Prepares the annual maintenance activities of the different machines and reviews the periodic maintenance procedures and programs.Assist the Technical Director in the elaboration of the yearly budget for Heavy Maintenance and Capex.
- Manages and execute the company ACM replacement program.
- Develops, prepares, organizes and lectures technical trainings for Operational staff.
The Successful Applicant
- A university degree in electrical, mechanical or industrial chemical engineering, (BEng, MSc, MEng, Ing, ..)
- First experience in process or manufacturing industry where lean was implemented with a role of continuous improvement (factory based), production or maintenance.
- Strong interest to combine a field technical engineering job with administrative follow-up and reporting tasks.
- The ambition to introduce and implement a Continuous Improvement process system.
- Good basic technical background, study wise either experience
- Speaking English is mandatory
What's on Offer
Residential role located in Lagos Nigeria working within a large team of both local and expat profesionals.The role is long terms and calls upon someone with a long term vision of being within a locally respected and trusted global brand.