Sign up to receive job alerts
About Our Client
Through global technology partnerships and extensive local resources, Our Client is able to offer the most comprehensive range of chemical and decentralised equipment solutions and services available in the Water Industry, helping our Customers optimise their water use and resolve process challenges across various industries, mining and the public water sectors alike. The role is based in Johannesburg Gauteng and will service all of South Africa as well as the surrounding regions.
Required outputs: Functional
- Develop and implement Technology strategies, operational plans, management and alignment.
- Ensure that the Division realises value add proposition and differentiate from competitors.
- The Technology executive will increase the Technology capabilities, coverage and market applications.
- Enhance customer relationships (internal/external) in view of improving the Water Brand.
- Actively contribute to the Project Purpose Drive for improved Water Security on the Continent which in turn assist in accelerated growth expectations.
- Ensure the service contracts and interfaces between the division and the sales support functions are effective and efficient.
- Perform divisional risk assessment and define mitigation actions.
- People management and development for the division.
- Observe and ensure compliance with governance and established policies, systems, procedures and practices.
- Comply with Safety, Health and Environment standards.
- Ensure "License to Operate" is maintained through legal and Company Standard Compliance.
- Effectively represent the company in relations and negotiations with customers, suppliers, other associated companies, regulatory agencies, professional societies and Government Departments.
- Forecast annual capital and operational expenses in line with corporate policy.
The Successful Applicant
- Matric / Grade 12.
- Technical qualification preferably MSc in Industrial Chemistry / Engineering.
- Business qualification MBA would be advantageous.
- Minimum 10 years related experience in Water Treatment Technologies and applications for Mining, AMD, Industrial and Public Water.
- Boiler Water, Cooling Water Towers, Membranes Treatment, Solid/Liquid separation techniques, monitoring and control solutions, Water Reuse/Re purpose Projects, Effluent Treatment etc.
- Sound understanding mining and industrial processes.
- Minimum 5 years in a strategic role reporting to Exco / MD.
- Previous experience as Technology executive of Similar in a water business.
- Previous experience as Head of Technical Department including Laboratory, Product Management and Technical Servicing.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding the role of Technical / Technology in sales, commerce and management of sales processes and tendering.
- Sound knowledge of customer relationship and key account management.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of relevant company policies, processes and procedures.
- An in-depth understanding of the SDG and Sustainability Goals, OHS Act, Competitions act, Companies act, labour act, Department of Trade and Industry procedures affecting the divisional area.
- Commercial contracting expertise at a strategic level with respect to, pricing, delivering key performance areas, liabilities, industrial / labour relations as well as ensuring internal and external stakeholder balance with respect to long term expectations or outcomes.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary + Benefits
- Opportunity to work with a global business that is making a difference
- Opportunity for the Technology Executive to make this role their own
- Based in Johannesburg, Gaunteng, Modderfontein