Sign up to receive job alerts
Trade Marketing Specialist (M/F) - Nigeria - FMCG
Experience required in the Wine & Spirits or Beer industry in Nigeria
Regional experience in West Africa
About Our Client
Our client is a global key player of the Wine and Spirits industry. As part of its Sub-Saharan Africa growth strategy, we are looking for a Trade Marketing Specialist to be based in Nigeria.
Based in Lagos, you report to the Group Marketing Director based and play a key role in representing and growing the Group portfolio of brands in Nigeria and English-Speaking countries of West Africa.
In line with this role, you will be expected to fulfill the following assignments :
- Enabling the joint development and execution of trade marketing strategy, plans and activities to support business results in Nigeria and in the region which compliments consumer-marketing, portfolio strategy in place and working closely with distributor's sales and marketing teams for its execution,
- Supporting the local partner and its marketing teams with trade marketing executional excellence in line with global standards for brand building activities at the point of sale (both on trade and off trade channels),
- Implementing and delivering local annual trade marketing plans in line with strategic priorities for the key brand/market combinations with the ultimate goal of enhancing brand visibility,
- Working closely with Group and Distributor's relevant departments to plan and execute BTL activities in the different channels, develop training material and instructs distributors' and point of sales staff on key brand attributes and promotional execution,
- Coordinating with POS suppliers for implementation and execution of different activities contained in the marketing plans,
- Performing field visits together with Regional Managers and distributors in a systematic and recurring way,
- Identifying key outlets and venues where to build close partnerships and brand building activities,
- Managing and tracking BTL activities' performance and ROI; analyses consumer trends, in store visibility activities, sales performances in order to propose new strategies and activities and provide inputs into the yearly strategic & budget exercises.
The Successful Applicant
You are degree educated with a minimum of five years experience in a similar position in Nigeria with multinational companies of the Spirits and/or beverage industries. Having managed premium brands and covered additional markets such as Ghana and/or Cameroon will be an added value for the role. Hands-on individual, you have a good understanding of trade marketing distribution landscape and consumer marketing in a competitive environment. You have undisputed renown in motivating and energizing indirect field marketing teams and you are an acknowledged strong communicator. Finally, French would be nice to have!
This role will require traveling within Nigeria and in the region.
What's on Offer
Local attractive package