- All and any business undertaken by Michael Page International (SA) (Pty) Ltd, (“MP”) is transacted subject to the terms and conditions hereinafter set out. MP is acting in the capacity of an employment agency.
- Upon provision, by the work-seeker (“Candidate”), of a full and accurate curriculum vitae, MP shall, at its sole discretion, search for suitable employment positions on behalf of the Candidate.
- Before any work finding services are provided the Candidate shall provide MP with satisfactory evidence of the Candidate’s identity which shall include, but not be limited to, a certified copy of the Candidate’s passport, birth certificate or identity document. The Candidate shall also provide MP with:
a) up to date copies of qualifications and/or authorisations; and
b) the names of two referees (who are not relatives of the Candidate) who the Candidate agrees that MP may approach at any time for the purpose of obtaining references about the Candidate.
- The Candidate consents to the disclosure of all relevant information (which is reasonably required to progress any application) including but not limited to copies of qualifications, authorisations and/or references by MP to the Client.
- The Candidate shall immediately inform MP should there be any reason or circumstances under which it would be detrimental to the interests of MP, the Client or the Candidate for the Candidate to take up a particular position with a Client.
- MP shall be under no obligation to find employment for the Candidate.
- The Candidate should not engage in any conduct which is detrimental to the interests of MP, would negatively affect MP’s relationship with the Client or is likely to bring MP into disrepute.
- The Candidate having any complaint in connection with the work finding services shall have the right to present a complaint in writing to a Director or Senior Manager of MP.
- If, following an introduction from MP, the Candidate receives an offer of employment or engagement to work for or with a Client introduced by MP, the Candidate shall inform MP immediately and provide MP with full details of the offer including a copy of the offer letter/contract of employment if requested.
- An offer of employment is not made until written details are received from the Client. MP does not accept any responsibility and shall not be liable for any loss suffered by the Candidate by reason of the Candidate’s decision to resign from his/her current employment or engagement before or after receipt of the Client’s written offer.