South Africa Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern your use of the Michael Page International website at www.michaelpageafrica.com/ ("Michael Page Site") and your relationship with Michael Page International ("Michael Page International", "we" or "us").
Please read them carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the Michael Page Site. If you have any questions on the Terms and Conditions, please contact [email protected]
If you are seeking to instruct Michael Page International for the provision of recruitment services, our standard terms and conditions shall apply (copy available upon request).
Use of the Michael Page Site
We operate the Michael Page Site to assist you in understanding Michael Page International's services and in communicating with us.
The Michael Page Site is provided for your personal use subject to these Terms and Conditions. By accessing or using the Michael Page Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
We may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time for legal or regulatory reasons or to allow the proper operation of the Michael Page Site. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you of any changes. The changes will apply to the use of the Michael Page Site after we have given notice. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms and Conditions you should not continue to use the Michael Page Site. If you continue to use the Michael Page Site after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Michael Page Site indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms and Conditions.
Your use of the Michael Page Site
You may not use the Michael Page Site for any of the following purposes:
- disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar,
- obscene, or otherwise objectionable material or otherwise breaching any laws;
- transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any applicable laws, regulations or code of practice;
- interfering with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Michael Page Site; or
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
You will be responsible for our losses and costs resulting from your breach of this clause.
By submitting information through the Michael Page Site you agree and acknowledge that while we may contact you in response to the information you provide, we are not obliged to provide you with any particular product or services.
In order to access to receive job alerts you must register on the Michael Page Site. If you register, you must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal details in order that we can communicate with you effectively.
If you register to use the Michael Page Site you will be asked to create a password. In order to prevent fraud, you must keep this password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us by contacting [email protected] immediately.
If Michael Page International has reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Michael Page Site, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your account.
Right to suspend or cancel your registration
We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
You can cancel your registration at any time by logging onto the Michael Page Site through the "unsubscribe" link contained in the last Job Alerts email you received.
The suspension or cancellation of your registration and your right to use the Michael Page Site shall not affect either party's statutory rights or liabilities.
Whilst Michael Page International uses reasonable care in compiling and presenting the content found on the Michael Page Site, it is provided purely for information and you should seek further guidance and make independent enquiries before relying upon it. If Michael Page International is informed of any inaccuracies in the material on the Michael Page Site we will attempt to correct the inaccuracies as soon as we reasonably can.
If we are in breach of these Terms and Conditions, we will only be responsible for any losses that you suffer to the extent that they are a foreseeable consequence to both of us. Our liability shall not in any event include business losses such as lost data, lost profits or business interruption.
These Terms and Conditions shall not limit or affect our liability if something we do negligently causes death or personal injury.
Michael Page International makes no representation or warranty in respect of any of the following:
- the existence or availability of any appointment advertised on the Michael Page Site;
- that any employer or client will ask for your CV, ask to interview you or recruit you;
- that any employer or client will keep confidential any of your information or data provided to that employer or client; or
- the final terms and duration of any appointment obtained through the Michael Page Site.
Availability of the Michael Page Site
We cannot guarantee that the service will be fault-free. If a fault occurs in the service you should report it to [email protected] and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can. If Michael Page International is informed of any inaccuracies in the material on the Michael Page Site we will attempt to correct the inaccuracies as soon as we reasonably can.
Your access to the Michael Page Site may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore the service as soon as we reasonably can.
All information incorporated within the Michael Page Site is owned or licensed by Michael Page International. You may retrieve and display the content of the Michael Page Site on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the Michael Page Site without written permission from the Michael Page International.
Equal Opportunities & Diversity
We may also release information relating to you to regulatory or law enforcement authorities, if required to do so. We may use the information we have collected about you on an anonymised basis for the purposes of monitoring in relation to our equal opportunities policy. We also reserve the right to disclosure the information we have collected about you to our professional advisers and to other persons to the extent that Michael Page International contracts out any aspect of the operation of its recruitment agency services. These third parties will be acting under similar undertakings of confidentiality as Michael Page International.
These terms and conditions will be subject to the laws of England and Wales. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement, and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so within the United Kingdom.
You may not transfer any of your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions to another business where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions and Michael Page International chooses to ignore this, Michael Page International will still be entitled to use its rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach the Terms and Conditions.
Michael Page International shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms and Conditions caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
The Michael Page Site is owned and operated Michael Page International.
If you have any queries, please contact [email protected]
Michael Page International (SA) (Pty.) Limited. Registration No.[2005/034938/07]
Rest of Africa Terms and Conditions
Michael Page is the publisher of this site, having its registered office at 159, avenue Achille Peretti 92522 Neuilly-sur-Seine Cedex, with a capital of 41,655 Euros, registered with the Trade and Companies Register of Nanterre under number B338338700.
Legal representative: Fabrice Lacombe
Responsible Publisher: Fabrice Lacombe
Please read the general terms and conditions of use of this site.
Global Michael Page job count disclaimer.
Our firm works according to the rules of conduct applicable in our profession and to legal provisions on the processing of applicant personal data in order to avoid any risk of discrimination. Therefore, positions and titles are generically presented in the masculine.
Data protection & civil liberties
The information that may be collected on this site is exclusively intended for your application to be processed by Michael Page.
Pursuant to the provisions of Sections 38 et seq. of the French Act 78-17 of 6 January 1978, you are entitled, at any time, to access, discover, rectify, update and delete your personal data. To exercise any one of these rights, you may send an e-mail to [email protected] or write to: Direction Audit Interne & Qualité - Michael Page - 159, avenue Achille Peretti - 92522 Neuilly-sur-Seine Cedex, France.
Applicant files are created in order to help our consultants select potential applicants. Your personal file will be deleted from Michael Page’s database 24 months after it was last updated.
Terms and conditions of using the site
- This website and all of its content, including texts, fixed or animated images, databases, programmes, CGI, etc., hereinafter the Website, is protected by copyright.
- Michael Page only grants you authorisation to view its content on a personal and private basis, to the exclusion of any public viewing or broadcasting. The reproduction authorisation is only granted to you in digital form on your viewing computer, for the purposes of viewing pages opened by your browser software. Paper print-outs are permitted to make private copies, for the exclusive use of the copyist within the meaning of Article L. 122-5 2° of the Intellectual Property Code. The creation of a hyperlink on the Website is authorised without frame to the address of the homepage of the site (https://www.michaelpageafrica.com) to the exclusion of any other address.
- Any other use not expressly contemplated herein is not permitted and requires the express, prior, written consent of Michael Page. In particular, you are not authorised, outside the uses expressly permitted above: to reproduce the trademarks and logos of the Companies in the PageGroup, to create deep hyperlinks on any element of the Website other than the homepage, to use or extract in whole or in part the databases used by the Website, to use any programmes or CGI used by the Website, etc.
- Michael Page does everything possible to compile and present the information contained in this Website. Such information is given for guidance only and Michael Page recommends you consult a professional and complete your information yourself.
- The information available on this Website has been compiled from several sources and may change without notice.
- Michael Page or the Companies in PageGroup cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, adequacy or the functioning of the Website or the information it contains, or that said information has been checked by Michael Page or the Companies in PageGroup.
- Michael Page or the Companies in PageGroup shall not be liable on any account for the information contained in this Website and disclaims all responsibility for any negligence or other concerning such information.
- Michael Page or the Companies in PageGroup do not guarantee the existence or the availability of any offer featured on this Website.
- Michael Page or the Companies in PageGroup do not guarantee that an employer or a client will ask for information about an applicant, suggest an interview, or hire an applicant, or that the applicants will be available or will correspond to the needs of an employer or a client.
- Michael Page or the Companies in PageGroup do not guarantee the final terms or the duration of an offer obtained by means of this Website.
- By using this Website, you accept the risks relating to the completeness, accuracy, adequacy or timeliness of the information.
- This Website was created in France. By using this Website, you accept the foregoing terms and conditions of use, without prejudice to any remedy in contract or tort that may be sought by Michael Page. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with the construction or performance of a contractual undertaking provided for in this site shall be submitted to French courts having sole jurisdiction and applying the laws of France.
Intellectual Property rights
All of the elements of this site are © 1998-2000 Michael Page – all rights reserved.
This Website has been created for Michael Page.
All intellectual property elements, trademarks, trade name and logos are the property of Michael Page or the Companies in the PageGroup, unless otherwise stipulated. No reproduction of this Website is permitted.